Monday, February 23, 2009

Musings at the Museum

This is a collection created entirely due to my tendency to people-watch instead of get overly involved in the artwork. People, I believe, are the greatest forms of art from which we can learn more than if we were to be observing anything else at all. Photos by Sarah Bush.

(Above) This is the gentleman who works at the information desk. Everything was organizde into perfect, neat piles. The gray/ blank lighting and expression offers a feeling of boredom and duty. He is, at this moment, listening to the inquiry of a visitor.


(Above) My photographer friend, Piotr, admiring a piece or artwork in one of the stairwells.


(Above) Woman lost in thought. I wonder what she is thinking about. I like that she is not looking at the artwork, but musing about something else entirely as she gazes at the floor.


(Above) These two did not say two words within the span of ten minutes. I guess they know each other too well, which I suppose is far from a negative thing. They were people watching too.


(Above) Admirers of this stature. I like the way their heads are all bent towards each other. It looks balanced and thoughtful, and the statue appears as if it is annoyed by their gaze, which I find adds a bit of comic relief to this elegant photo.


No comments: